The personal web-site of
My indoor Gn3 model railroad. It is a freelance narrow gauge layout based on various branch lines that operated in the mountains of Colorado. The layout is mainly built for "operations" (switching cars) and uses EasyDCC for train contol and RailOp software for generating Train Manifests (switchlist). Trains run and construction progress continues.
- Jon & Joan Lindgren's G outdoor railroad in Converse, Texas
- Fred & Peggy McGinney's GnM model railroad near San Antonio
- my venture to link up narrow gauge modelers and railfans in Texas
My "riding scale" venture, to build and operate larger scale equipment that runs on the common 7 1/2" track systems. I am building a freelance locomotive roughly in 4" scale and designed for me to ride 'inside' the cab not on top of it.
An area that covers my railroad adventures, from annual Colorado trips to business trips where I go find trains on the side. Some folks go on a "vacation", friends call my "expeditions". Here I also have some of the magazine articles I have written on railroads.
Information on the "San Antonio Summer Train Show". For ten years I sponsored and ran my regional model railroad and railfan show. It was held on the "first Saturday in June" and the goal was to have it for 10 years. The last year for my show was June 2000.
An area for items I am selling, my own stuff and for good friends.
showing my recent
Radio Control Helicopter activities. Includes pictures
Visitors to Marek Mountain since the summer of 1999...
- Barry Bogs' Gn3 model railroad in Spring, Texas
- Craig Brantley's On3 model railroad in Spring, Texas
A place for me to share photos and info
Other Model Railroad web-pages featured on Marek Mountain...
send Frolin an email
- non-formal group of G gaugers in the San Antonio, Texas area
- Jerry Marek's On30 model railroad in San Antonio
- John Ozanich's 3 3/4" scale, 1/3 size, live steam railroad in Michigan
- the 27th National Sn3 Symposium in Albuquerque, NM
- a list of all updates to all pages and websites, under Marek Mtn
- info about my use of EasyDCC and RailOp software
- the 28th National Sn3 Symposium in Bloomington, Mn.
- the annual O scale meet, was in OKC, now in Ft.Worth, Tx.
- other model / scale railroads that I visit, operate or work on
- the 29th National Sn3 Symposium in Dallas, Tx.
- the 26th National Sn3 Symposium in Monrovia, Ca.
- the 25th National Sn3 Symposium in Houston, Tx.
- a growing collection of old model railroad videos I have taken
Marek Mountain, the home of a growing number of websites...